Sunday, July 31, 2011

Au revior Paris!

I have been so behind on blogging lately because our internet has been really spotty. But, I finally have some good internet! Here is my last update on Paris.
We ended our trip with a look through the Louvre, seeing the arch de triomphe, and realizing (a little late) that the tour de france had been going on while we were there. The Louvre was amazing of course! I did get into a little trouble when I very slightly leaned on the tape that keeps people 10 feet away from the Mona Lisa. I was quickly told that I was too close but I still got my picture! We meandered our way through the Louvre seeing all of the most famous and most beautiful and those in between.
About the tour de France...we were up on the eiffel tower the day before and looked down and noticed that there were a bunch of bikers. Catie and I discussed how there must have been some sort of race. Then, when we came out there was Tour de France people everywhere! So we were right, there was "some sort of race" haha. My Uncle O would be ashamed of my lack of biking knowledge. But, I did get a picture next to one of the signs.
Pictures: Winged Victory, Mona and I, outside of the Arch de triomphe, my tour de France picture!

2 comments:

  1. everything about this i am jealous of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to see that. i was watching the tour de france on TV and wondering if you were there when it was finishing up. Now i know you were there and didn't even know the race was going on.
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete