Friday, July 15, 2011

Shop 'til we drop!

An update, sorry I am getting so behind on these!! On Wednesday we had class and then nothing planned the entire afternoon. We decided to take this opportunity to go check out the markets that are famous here in London. We went to Portobello market and Camden market. Portobello market was fun but not very busy because it is apparently the busiest on Saturday. I did however find a very cute purse that I have been searching for since I passed one up like it in Bath. I also had a delicious belgian waffle from a little stand! After Portobello we headed to Camden. Camden market was CRAZY. It was like being in New York City with all of the guys bartering with you and asking what price you wanted to pay. Lucky for me I have a mom that is the NUMBER ONE barterer (is that a word?). She has taught me well and I was able to talk them down to the price I wanted. We had fun exploring that for a few hours then headed home. It was a great day! I am also getting very good at getting around on the tube. I am able to navigate to basically anywhere and not look like a complete tourist lost in the city. Yay!
I have some pictures of the market, me looking extremely excited about that belgian waffle (I was hungry okay?!), and my adorable purse! Woo woo! Can I just stay here forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment