Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Terrific Tuesday!

Okay, so I am running out of cool post titles. I am just not creative enough for this blogging stuff. But today is Tuesday and it was terrific so that's all I've got. We started out the morning with classes again then ran home and switched our backpacks for our purses because hauling all of our stuff around yesterday turned out to be a pain. Apparently people aren't big fans of backpacks in their faces on the tube. We ate a quick lunch at our flats then ran to meet up with the professors at the Globe theater. We were supposed to have group tickets to see "Much Ado about Nothing" but, the BYU booking agent "forgot" to tell us when she went to book them 6 months ago they were sold out. We did get to see it and take some pretty cool pictures out front AND on the way there we crossed the Millennium Bridge which is apparently in Harry Potter 6, you know when they are fighting on a crazy twisted bridge? We took some pictures on there then decided to head over to Westminster Abbey, where Will and Kate were married!! It was AMAZING. First, when we got off the tube exit we came right out by Big Ben. That is one big clock and it is so beautiful. We took a lot of pictures and walk around outside of it (him?). When we got to Westminster we took an audio tour around it, which I would very STRONGLY suggest. It was so interesting to learn about all of the different Queens and Kings that influenced certain chapels inside or that were buried in tombs in Westminster. And of course, seeing the aisle Kate walked down was very cool too. I just loved every second of it. We spent a good two hours there "oohing" and "awing". After that we decided to grab some dinner before our show that night. We went to Hard Rock Cafe because so many people in our group suggested it. It was very tasty and had free refills, which I am ALWAYS a fan of. After dinner we went to Les Miserables. Our tickets that were supposed to be "obstructed view" were perfect! They were on the front row of the balcony and we could lean forward a little and see everything. I still can't believe we got those for only 15 pounds. The show was so amazing!! That was my first time ever seeing it and I loved every second of it. I cried at least twice and clapped so loud. The man that played Jean Valjean was one of the best singers I have ever hear. After one of his solos the crowd clapped for a good three minutes. It was so great! I am sure that will not be my last time seeing it either. I LOVED it.
Well here are some pictures!

2 comments:

  1. The jealousy is overwhelming. You are just having the best time in that little place called london! and i am loving all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOSO!! That sums your day up for me! Sounds like a dream...

    ReplyDelete