Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tower de London

I am getting behind on my blogging, sorry you great followers. Yesterday was Monday, right? Okay yes. So Monday morning we had classes, they go from 9-12 at the Hyde Park chapel and they are fabulous! Our professors are just the greatest and I really feel like I am learning so much. It is fun to be able to discuss all of the different accents and the many differences in the dialects we hear then go out and experience them first hand. We all packed up our backpacks with lunches because we left right after class for a little field trip to the Tower of London. It was fun being back with the whole group again! We walked around the Tower of London for about an hour and a half. It is more like a castle than just a tower. My most favorite part was the Crown Jewels section. There is a building that you go into that begins with a very big vault door and inside are tons of beautiful diamonds and other amazing jewels. You can see all of the different crowns the different kings and queens wore on their coronation. One had a 253 karat diamond on it. I don't think I would like that weighing down on my head for three hours. Kate Middleton's wedding dress is supposed to be on display there starting the end of this month! I just barely missed it! But, I did get to see what Queen Elizabeth II wore on her coronation day, it was beautiful! After our tour around we made our way back to our flats to set our school stuff down and then go grocery shopping. We ended up sitting down and didn't get up for another hour. My sleep schedule isn't the greatest here haha. After we finally got up we headed to the grocery store, which by the way is an adventure all its own. The grocery stores here are always SO crazy. We just needed a few items (bread, diet coke, milk, and such) and we grabbed them as quick as we could then headed back home. By the time we got home we were all ready for bed so we got to sleep a little earlier (11pm). It was a great start for the week!

1 comment:

  1. Incredible! That would have been something to see! Do they drive their shopping carts on the wrong side of the aisle too?

    ReplyDelete