Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Love me a little family time!!

So I realize I am behind on my blogging, way behind, but before I update you all on my week full of adventures I just had to blog about the family visit. My mom, dad, and Makelle came to visit me this weekend and it was so fun!! It was so nice to have them here and to show them around my temporary home. We got so many things crammed into the two and a half days that I was with them.
The first night they were here we went to Legally Blonde the Musical, yes second time for me, and they loved it! It was even better the second time! I also took them to a tasty restaurant we love going to called Wagamamas. I am happy to say they thought it was tasty too. It was fun being able to take them around and show my mom that I am really not navigationally challenged and can maneuver the tube system like nobody's business.
The second day we started early in the morning so we could get everything in. I gave them a little tour of my flat and then took them to a cool little market that has a bunch of street vendors. We spent a while there then had lunch at my favorite kebab place. It was another score because everyone loved it! After lunch we went to the Tower of London and took a fabulous walking tour through it. It was fun to share the little tid bits I had learned from being there before. The crowned jewels were of course the highlight of the tour and Makelle and I decided we wouldn't mind sporting a 560 carat diamond on our crowns (too bad we don't have crowns!). We met up with my friends that night for dinner at our favorite burger joint. I'm not going to lie, it was so nice to have my dad pay for dinner and not worry about scrounging up my few pounds haha. Shout out to dad: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
After my finals the next day, which went very well, they picked me up at the Hyde Park Chapel where I have classes. We headed off to St. Paul's cathedral, home of the most beautiful view of London and Princess Diana's wedding. The inside of the cathedral is beautiful! It is a close second to the inside of Westminster Abbey. We decided to take the challenge and hike the 568 steps to the top of the dome and although it was a tight squeeze (I'm talking shoulder to wall on both sides) it was so worth it! When we got to the top we just stopped to ooh and awe over the breathtaking view. Once we made our way back down we had a "take away" lunch on the steps of the cathedral then made our way to Oxford Circus home of the best shopping. We worked our way down the street finding some very cute stores and very cute clothes. My dad was a great sport about it and trailed along behind us as we shopped and shopped. Another shout out to dad and mom: THANK YOU!!! After shopping we went to see another musical, Shrek. I was a little worried about how it would be but it turned out to be one of the best I have seen. It was adorable and the voices were AMAZING. We were all laughing the whole time. We ended our short trip with some gelato, it was perfect. I am sad they are gone and miss them already!! I love you all, couldn't ask for a better family! This weekend was so fun!! To my cute little brothers that stayed behind at Nana and Papa's: I LOVE YOU GUYS! I'LL SEE YOU IN A WEEK :)
Here are some pictures:
A great time at Piccadilly Circus, St. Paul's view, 9 3/4, Dad while we were shopping (such a good sport)

1 comment: