Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tintern Abbey

The afternoon after Cardiff castle we headed to St. Fagan's History Museum. It was a museum all about Welsh life. It was interesting to see all of the different exhibits. My most favorite of course was the fashion section. They wore some pretty cool stuff. Sadly, I left my camera in the bus and did not get any pictures there! After the museum we drove to Tintern Abbey. I wasn't really sure what to expect with that but as we came around the corner and you could finally see it everyone oohed and awed. It is so amazing! The ruins are all surrounded by a ton of grass and it is so green. The abbey itself is so beautifully built. We walked around in there and took a lot of pictures. We also read the poem by Wordsworth that was inspired by the beautiful Tintern Abbey. These pictures of course don't do it justice but I hope you can get a little bit of a feel for how amazing these ruins were!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kelsey,
    This is Nana We are hear at the cabin and enjoying the cool weather. My internet has been down for the last week so I have been catching up on your blog while I am here. I love being able to see all your great pictures. Sounds like a trip of a life time, thanks for letting me live it through you. We miss you and I thought of you as we passed Dollar General and wondered if I could get a burro and have it microwaved. Ha Ha Well it is always good for a laugh. Keep blogging I love it, and love you.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Someday I'll go...It would be so awesome to actually see all of those things you just read about. Wayne would have no clue - in case you didn't know, he doesn't read (except for "The Time Crunched Triathlete"). Maybe he can find a race there, and I'll do some sight-seeing :) Cheerio! (Do they really say that there?)

    ReplyDelete