Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wait, platform 9 3/4 is only in the movie??

Before our trip to Paris we hit up a few sights in London that we haven't been to yet. The first place we went was platform 9 3/4 (again, I swear I am not a Harry Potter super freak). When we got to Kings Cross Station we asked a lady working in one of the little convience shops where the platform was. She looked at us very seriously and said "Umm, it's actually not real. I'm sorry. It is only in the movie. But the one they FILMED it at is upstairs and to your right." She must get some real crazies in there if that was her first response to our question. I wish I would have responded with "Wait really?!?! Hagrid said 3 pm at 9 3/4! How am I supposed to get to Hogwarts now?!?" but, I didn't think quick enough. We did make it to the "fake" platform 9 3/4 and spent a good 15-20 minutes trying to perfect our Harry photos. It was a good time, not only for us but for the onlookers that sat and stared as we jumped and climbed all over the little cart. Luckily, I ended up with some pretty good ones. After that we found a tasty burger place called Byron's. It was another google found restaurant and it turned out to be great! We spent the rest of the day hitting some museums. My camera died so I only have one picture and it is of the Rosetta stone, which was the coolest thing we saw anyways. So here you go!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment