Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Moved in!

Once we arrived in London we drove straight to our flats. I did not know what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised. They are in the perfect location, directly across from Hyde Park and down the street from Kensington Palace (soon to be Will&Kate's new residence). Our group has the entire second floor and it is perfect. Cydnee and I share a room and then we share a bathroom with two other girls. It was so nice to be able to unpack and settle in. I am no longer living out of a suitcase!! Wooo! Once we had moved our stuff in we walked to the tube station and got a pass for the entire time we are here. Then we went grocery shopping! We went to a giant store called Sainsbury. It is about a 20 minute walk from our flats and a 4 pound and 80 pent cab ride home. After we had bought a ton of groceries we opted to split the cab home.
Today was our first day of classes and let me tell you, we have the best professors ever. This morning we made our ten minute walk to the chapel and had classes from 9-12. I am loving the classes already and it is fun to be learning about the culture that we are experiencing. After class Cydnee, Katie, Brooke, Catie, and I all packed up our lunches and took them to Hyde Park for a nice little picnic. It was the perfect weather! After lunch Catie, Cydnee, and I took the tube to Picadilly Circus and walked all over, I mean ALL over. Our feet were killing us by the end. I was very proud of myself being able to navigate us through the different tube lines and all over the city center. We weren't lost once! Well, here is to a fabulous stay in London! Cheers!

*Pictures are of my flat, the view from my flat (Hyde Park), our picnic (we are obviously bad at taking self portraits), and us in Picadilly Circus!

3 comments:

  1. I am posting! I go to your blog everyday and see what's new. Phew finally a place to call home for awhile. Don't you love putting your suitcase away?
    Love you
    The Goffs including chiefy

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Woke up in London yesterday, found myself in the city near Piccadilly..." Oh, I think you're living the GOOD LIFE!" Looks like so much fun:) I wish I was in Hyde Park having a picnic - instead I am sweeping out the entire desert that was blown into my pool last night... Have fun! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sheryl! you are the best! glad you are following me haha :) love you all! tell o and chiefy that i miss them!

    ReplyDelete