Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Je t'aime Paris!

Thursday we woke up early so we could get a head start on everything we wanted to do. We started at Notre Dame. It is such a beautiful cathedral! This past semester I took Humanities and we talked a lot about the architecture of different cathedrals and Notre Dame was one of them. I loved seeing it up close after learning so much about it. We walked through and took a tour of the inside, which is equally as beautiful. The one down side was that there were so many gypsy ladies outside trying to get money from us. I had a run in with them last time I was in Paris and I am pretty sure they cast a spell on me. So, this time I stayed far away! After Notre Dame we met up with some more girls from our group and got tickets for the hop on hop off tour bus (great investment!) it saved us from a lot of walking! We visited the St. Michel fountain and stopped on a little "greek street" to have some gyros.
We jumped on the bus and worked our way through Paris. We stopped at the Louvre and took some pictures out front but decided to go in on Friday when it was free for students (woo!), saw the lock bridge, went into Lafayette Galleries, walked around the city center, took some more eiffel tower pictures (from a different angle of course), and found another yummy crepe stand. I can't put very many pictures on at once so I will do another post of pictures. Cydnee and I have really perfected the jumping pictures so of course we must try one everywhere, don't worry I will post those next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment