Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Oh Pair-ee!

Last Wednesday we took a four day trip over to France via the chunnel. The trip was fabulous and we got to see and do so much! So, this is going to be a series of posts about the great Paris, France. Let me start by telling you about our adventure getting there. We booked our tickets about a month ago and in the process my computer booted me off and I had to start over. It went through and so we thought there was no problem. Assuming that both the tickets had gone through correctly we thought that we were on the same train leaving at 3pm on Wednesday. At around 1:05 after we had been sitting around waiting to leave I went online to check my confirmation number and SURPRISE my train was leaving at 2 and not 3!! We grabbed our bags and ran out the door. I flagged down a taxi and headed off to the train station. Our driver was so sweet and kept reassuring me that we would make it, maybe because I was looking very panicked in the back seat. He dropped us off as close as he could, there was bad traffic. Then Cydnee and I booked it into the station and too the gate. I checked in and made it through the gate right when they called everyone to board the train! I was so relieved when I got on, best feeling ever.
After I got there I walked around and found the gate they were coming into and waited! All went well and I found them! Cydnee and I booked our hotel about a month before everyone else so we were staying in a different hotel. We jumped on the tube thinking we knew where we were going but, when we got off at the stop we were so confused. It is so different being somewhere where everyone speaks a different language. We couldn't just stop and ask for directions. In fact we tried too but that got us no where. Finally we made it, after walking through some pretty sketchy areas of town. Once we had settled in we left to meet up with some girls from our group at the eiffel tower. When we came around the corner and got our first view of the tower we both screamed a little and were so excited! Seeing it in real life is so amazing. We were embarrassed that we were almost tearing up over how beautiful it was but really, can you blame us? We took some pictures, grabbed a little dinner, then we met the girls under the lit up eiffel tower. We grabbed some crepes, which were delicious, then sat and watched as the eiffel tower sparkled! It was a great start to a weekend in "Pair-ee"!!!
More to come :)

1 comment:

  1. let me just comment agian. i was getting bored at work...glad you updated the blog. also i'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete