Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Whatever happens in Dublin...

So tonight is my last night in Dublin. It is bittersweet. Bitter because I am leaving Ireland, sweet because I am leaving this hostel!! I don't have the internet long but I wanted to post a few pictures for the fam. I am loving it here. It is a lot different than the countryside but still great. Cydnee and I bought a bus pass for a two day hop on hop off tour so we have been using that to see all of the sights. Still, we walk soooo much. I am going to have toned legs after this trip. Yesterday we were able to go see Trinity college and the long library! It was so cool. We weren't allowed to take pictures but it was like the Beauty and the Beast library floor to ceiling book shelves. I loved it! After that we went shopping and had lunch at a fun cafe. We met our group for FHE at St. Patrick's Cathedral and we were able to go see Evensong. It was an amazing experience. That night it was someone's birthday in our group so we went out to some different pubs and got to listen to some authentic Irish music. It was a great time. We went into a shake shop that was so cute and ordered shakes, the Irish guys that worked there thought it would be a real treat for us if they turned up the Katy Perry song that was playing and had a good laugh as we all sang along and danced. We definitely provided the entertainment for the night. Today we went to the old jail to tour around, it reminded me a lot of Alcatraz and it was interesting to see. We were also able to go to the Temple Bar area. We have tickets tonight to see Riverdance. I am excited for that because we are seeing it at the place it originated. Well cheers until next time!!
Oh one last thing..here are a few things I have learned since being in Ireland:
1. "Cheers"=thank you
2. It isn't four thirty it is half four.
3. LOOK BOTH WAYS, multiple times, when crossing, that car coming the other way thing still hasn't fully registered.
4. Tree tirty at te catedral= three thirty at the cathedral
5. Asking for extra ice means 6 pieces instead of 5.

Here are my pictures.
-Our hostel...imagine one more bed in there.
- Trinity College
- The best shopping street!
- St. Patrick's Cathedral
- Just some of my girls!!

3 comments:

  1. Keep Blogging!! We love it!
    We check it many times a day!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if one of those castles is where Conan O'Brien almost got blown off the side of the hill wondering why his ancestors moved from there? It didn't look to too windy - another plus for the great hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment.. I wanted to see some U2 pictures

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete