Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sleep is for babies and buses.

Well this has become our new slogan since Cydnee and I never seem to find enough sleep unless we are on the bus in transit to another stop. We stay up a little too late and have to get up just a little too early. But, at least we get a chance to catch up on our sleep on all of our drives. Speaking of sleep, today I had a small mishap with allergies. I am dying over here with all of this greenery. I am sneezing, scratching my throat, and having itchy eyes NONSTOP. At one point in the day I was going crazy with my red eyes and itchy throat so I decided I had to take something for it. Unfortunately the only thing I had to take was Benedryl (spell check?). Even though I knew it would make me drowsy I just couldn't take it anymore so I took one. Once I was off the bus at the next stop, Rock of Cashell, I was wishing I hadn't. I felt pretty groggy walking around and was surprised that I made it back to the bus without falling over. When I did make it back I was OUT, I slept the full two hours it took to drive to Dublin even though I was squished on a bus. I am glad to say that after all of that my allergies were gone!
But, about today...
We left our hotel around 830 this morning then we drove to the Blarney castle. The legend there is that if you kiss the Blarney stone then you will have the "Gift of Gab" or in other words you will be able to talk your way out of anything. So naturally, being tourists, we had to make the trek up the one thousand windy tiny staircases. I was getting very claustrophobic being in the tiny windy stair case and it didn't help that the old woman in front of me was having a sort of panic attack asking how we were supposed to get out like 14 times. When we finally made it up it was worth the long climb! It was beautiful at the top! I could not believe how great the view was. Once we got to the front of the Blarney stone line I had to lay back on the ground while an old Irish man held my feet and kiss the stone. It was quite the experience!
After the Blarney castle we got back on the bus. And my Benedryl fiasco happened. Then we arrive at the Rock of Cashell. It is a beautiful castle up on a hill. We got to walk up to it and take a ton of pictures. It was very fun and also very windy, as usual. It is so amazing being able to see all of these beautiful castles and houses that were built hundreds of years ago.
Once we left Rock of Cashell we headed out to Dublin. It is very different from what I expected. We had been driving through so much of the country I did not know there was another side to Ireland. But, Dublin is a giant city and is full of people! We will be here for four days and are staying in a hostel. We are in a room of ten people, luckily all of them are in our group. There are 5 bunk beds! It is pretty crowded but we are only here for four days so I can do this!!! Shout out to mom for getting me that sleeping sack. It is perfect because the sheets were pretty sketchy. After we were all settled in we went to explore the city. Cydnee and I went in search of a drink with ice and a hamburger because we were dying for one. We found a place called Eddie's that was delicious and just what we needed, then got a drink with ice at McDonalds! Woo woo! It was so fun just walking around the city and getting to see the shops and all of the people.
The pictures will be on the next post, here is what they are of:
-Blarney Castle
-The whole group!
-View from the top
-Me kissing the stone!
-Rock of Cashell

3 comments:

  1. that looks like so much fun!!! i bet you are having an amazing trip. miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You thought you needed to kiss the blarney stone.....no gift of gab needed. Oh my I wonder if you were snorting like that one Sunday at church if so I feel sorry for the roommates!! You know I love you
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey on Benedryl? Oh boy, its a good thing you are not operating any vehicles~ Let me send you some Claritin, you have a big enough sleeping problem without the Benedryl... I am happy to know you haven't "failed" anyone in your group though - good girl! We love you!

    ReplyDelete