Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In a city called Dingle...

Well I have been in Ireland for an entire day now. It is honestly the most beautiful place I have ever been. I just keep oohing and awwing over the scenery. We started out our day at a place called Bunratty Caslte. It was built in 1425. It was very cool and we got to walk inside and outside in the garden. We toured around with our group looking at all of the towers. Which, might I add, had very very steep spiral staircases that we had to climb in toms (worst traction ever) and the entire time Cydnee and I kept saying "How did a princess do this??". Haha those were rough times. (I am currently trying to add pictures and it won't let me!!!!)
Well moving on...
After the castle we drove in our big bus. There are only 20 girls and it is a full size bus so we all have our own two little seats. It is just way nice. We drove through the countryside of Ireland and along the coast to our next stop. It was about a two hour drive and it was perfect. Besides the fact that I enjoyed a small nap because jet lag was really getting me...I also got to look out the window at the gorgeous view. I took a ton of pictures of it. It was exactly how you see it in all the movies (i.e. ps i love you!). There were grazing fields with small sheep and the coast was to die for. I wish I could show you all of the pictures now!! Hopefully in the next city we will be able to add pictures. Once we arrived at our destination, Dingle (hence the blog title) we were able to go to our little bed and breakfasts and get settled in then were free to explore. 7 of us our in one bed and breakfast, the one I am in. Then the other 20 or so (the professors have their wives and one has his three kids) are in the other. It is right on the water and in the middle of town. I love it!!! We dragged our 52 pound suitcases (I'm not the only one mom!!) up the stairs and then put on our jackets and left. Cydnee and I talked to our cute little Irish bus driver and he suggested a few places. We ended up going to a place called Herrington's for fish and chips. I am not a big fish person but I figured since I am only here once I might as well try the authentic food. And let me tell you...it was delicious!! I loved it. It was just a little tiny shack like restaurant and we got cod fish and chips. It was so fresh and tasty. I also was able to get a diet coke with approximately half an ice cube, better than none. After we ate we went down into the center of town and went into a few different pubs (no drinking) and listened to some Irish music. It was so fun to be right in the middle of things with all of the natives. It's not hard to pick out the Americans, for some reason just walking around we apparently scream "we are americans!". Everyone has been so nice here and were all giving us suggestions of their favorite places. It was a great! We are off to bed now so that we can get up in time for breakfast. I hope this works!!!
xoxo
Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're having fun!! Your pics worked that you sent by email...hopefully you can get them on your blog next time. Perhaps we should have done some photog classes before you left---Brayden was disappointed with your pics (or lack there) of the castle. "She could just as well be in Mexico for all I know"
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete