Tuesday, September 1, 2009

15 credits?




So I've begin my first two days at college!! I have gone to all the classes I am going to have so here's a little rundown of my first two days of collegiate education (I'm already getting smarter :))
Being the genius college girl that I am I went to bed at 9 o clock so I would be prepared and ready to get up for my first day beginning with an 8 o clock class...hahahahahhaha just kidding (I had to throw that in for you mom because I know that's what you'd want me to do)
Ok so in reality I didn't get to bed til around 1 o clock because there was just so much fun stuff to do on our last night of no school :) I set my alarm and went to bed soooo excited for what the next day would hold (ha yes I get excited for school). I was a little nervous when I woke up in the morning but, as it may come to a surprise to most of my family, I was able to get up at seven o clock on the dot! No problem there! I had of course picked out the perfect 1st day outfit weeks in advance and it was laid out on my desk haha so I quickly got dressed and ready and headed out the door at around 7:45. Even though my class is no more than a 3 minute walk away I was nervous about getting lost so I left a wee bit early. Luckily I made it to my class with plenty of time to spare and I selected a nice seat on the side with two open next to me (at least leaving new friends with the option of joining me in the row haha) And what do you know...2 boys and girl came and asked if they could sit there...I of course gladly invited them to sit. haha but anyways back to focusing on class cause of course thats what I'm here for. The class I was in was Psychology 111 and it was in a big room with stadium seating...I was amazed at how many scared freshmen could fit in one room. Luckily the teacher seemed pretty nice and that class went by fast.
After leaving I sped walked back to my dorm to switch books and head to my religion class...book of mormon. I met up with my new friend Lauren and we walked together, a little lost, to our class! The class was fulllll!!! But we snuck in the back and listened to the syllabus lesson and such. It was great. We opened with a prayer and a song...oh how I am loving the enviorment up here. Throughout my whole class I was in a panic thinking that I would never be able to find where my next class was and that the mere ten minutes I had was no where near enough time to get there. As I was whispering this to my friend a girl in front told me she had the same class! Woooohooo I had another friend to walk with! So after class we scrambled out and headed to our next class...American Heritage. P.S. everytime I have told someone I was taking this class they have made the big eyed face that says that was the worst class I've ever taken, then tried to turn that into a semi sympathetic smiling face and say "oh well...good luck!" Thanks for the encouragement.
Finally me and my new American Heritage buddy found our class with 2 minutes to spare and walked in to find a HUMONGOUS auditorium almost full with around 400 students!! (rough estimate haha) Again we slid into the only seats we could find and looked up to see a tiny person in the distance on the stage starting to give a lecture...the lights dimmed and....zzzzzz! Let me just tell you...the auditorium is set at the perfect temperature, lights dimmed, and big comfy seat! Are they serious?!?!? There is no way I am staying awake in that class...so I've decided next time I will be front and center...hopefully that will help! After that class I walked out in a daze...called my mom in a panic insisting that there was no way I could take that class and that I'd never learn anything!! So after a short breakdown and a diet coke I was feeling a little better as I walked to my last class...biology. I walked in worried once again who I would sit by and was relieved to hear one of my friends from home say my name! I sat down and we decided to look up our teacher on ratemyproffesor.com hahah. It said and I quote "if you want to learn anything DON'T take this class." But, luckily i don't care about learning anything...i'll just take the A. haha she the proceeded to tell us we have no test no final and no book. Sounds good to me. So after that class I was feeling pretty good! I think I'm gonna love college. So far its fabulous! I've been meeting lots of people doing so much fun stuff!!!
I miss you alll!!! Oh and I decided to put this picture up because this is the only way I'm going to make it through this...DIET COKE. Oh how I love it.
xoxox
kmf

3 comments:

  1. We are so glad you have not failed anyone! We knew you could do it! Ha ha! Get yourself a digital voice recorder ($20-30 @ Costco) then you can take a nap in American Heritage and listen to the lecture later....just kidding Shauna ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kels! I'm glad you are having fun up there :) I wanna come visit sometime!
    <3 Chels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    I know how you can stay awake in American Heritage....
    GO TO BED BEFORE 2 AM!!!
    Just because you CAN stay out late, doesn't mean you SHOULD!
    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete