Friday, August 28, 2009

a new beginning.

I have officially spent one and a half nights in the dorms for real...tonight being the half. Tomorrow however it will be two nights. So far...I'm loving it! I'm not gonna lie there are some times where I think "am i ever gonna have more than one friend?" then i meet new people and I feel better. It is a little rollercoaster! In the dorm with my room mate has been good...I must admit it is started a little awkward when I went to bed for the first night. I wondered what I would say..."goodnight tay?", "goodnight roomie?", "see ya tomorrow?", "peace out?", or of course I could always roll over and go to sleep. Not to worry I decided with the goodnight. haha it ended up working out well though.
Today was my first day of freshmen orientation and it was...interesting to say the least. I walked down to the field and was greeted by 6 very very enthusiatic Y group leaders! I think I would've liked it but I was stuck in the wrong group with the "Honors" students...no they aren't smarter. They just think they are more qualified and therefore must "challenge" themselves more. hahaha I stayed there for approximentally .5 seconds. Then we paraded across the street EFY style-the arm linking. The next part of orientation was my favorite!!! We went into the Marriott center and it was amazing to see all the freshmen coming in. We all sat down and a little video about BYU started...it was actually a really cool video and got me a little pumped...yes pumped...to start school. Then we all sang As Zions Youth in Latter-Days! It was loud and amazing! We listened to the president speak and I can't wait to get into the swing of things here! I love BYU already!! The enviorment is unlike any other I am so so so glad that I was able to come here. After that I did skip the cougar walk...oops :)
So there is a little update for all of you...I would write more but I'm too tired...its almost two in the morning here! And no I didn't just get home ;)
I miss you all!
xoxox
kmf

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey i'm crying. all of these posts are so sweet and they bring back all the emotions from back in my day. you are so right, live it up and enjoy the moment! you are amazing! keep the posts coming! Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey,
    We found another blog you might enjoy. Its "firstbyuyear.blogspot.com"
    Different students blogging about their first year at BYU.
    It's interesting to read (not as interesting as yours though)
    xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete