Thursday, August 25, 2011

back in the real world.


I made it home, which I am sure all of you already know. And I am back in my usual rut of bad blogging. I couldn't even finish out the entire study abroad trip, I know...so lazy! 

In case you were losing sleep over what happened after the lake district I will post a few pictures. After the lake district we headed to Scotland and boy was that a fun time! Edinburgh, where we stayed the first few nights, was amazing! It is a big city with a lot to do. Also we stayed in a hostel that was 5 stars. Yes people, a five star HOSTEL. Which meant there was more than one plug for fourteen girls and we had our own bathroom in our room! WITH A SHOWER. It was muy fabulosa (just practicing Spanish). In my particular room we had 6 girls and let me tell you, it was a great time. We made our way through the big city for a couple of days and climbed one tall mountain then got back on the bus and headed out to see the beautiful northern part of Scotland. The northern part inlcuded a stop at Lake Lochness, no I couldn't find Nessie, a countryside hostel, and a drive through the most beautiful mountains I have ever seen. 


We finished out the trip with two final days in Edinburgh, in a hostel even BETTER than the five star one. It used to be university housing so the rooms were like little apartments. There were five of us together and we each had our own room!! We shared a kitchen, living room, and two bathrooms. It was a great way to finish off and it even made me almost, ALMOST, forget about the jewels that we had stayed in along the way. Cydnee's parents got there three days before we left and it was fun being able to hang out with them a little before I headed home! Janie and Dennis, you are the best! 


The flight home was great minus that fact that my two month long allergy attack somehow turned into a severe sinus infection. I spent approximately an hour and half total in the bathroom with my face on the mirror because it was the only thing cold enough to help my fever. But, I made it home in one piece and so did my luggage! As much as I loved the UK it was great to be back in America where my money actually feels like it is worth something. It was the trip of a lifetime and I am so grateful I was able to experience it. I will never forget it and I made some friends that will last a lifetime. 

So without further adieu here are the pictures.

The monument we climbed to in Edinburgh. 

Catie and I at Lake Lochness, we sure enjoyed skipping rocks.  
Grant and I giving Ole Nessie two big thumbs up!

The most beautiful mountains you will ever see!

The view from the top.




The whole group!
And a picture of my most favorite adopted summer brothers!


No comments:

Post a Comment