Friday, October 8, 2010

one week down.

so this little cutie has been in el salvador for a week and he is already loving it. it is so fun to get to read about what he is doing and how happy he is. elder cook is a great example and i know all the people will love him, and not just because he is a "gringo" :) enjoy this little snipit and adorable photo.
LAtins love gringos- so i have found out pretty quickly that the people here love the white guys! a few days ago we walked by this mechanic while he was under this car working on it and somehow he saw me and say HELLO! haha! i was so surprised! he saw me, got out from under the car and came over to talk to me! his english was pretty good actually! we talked about oregon for a little bit. he sais he worked there for a couple years and i guess thats where he learned english. that same day me and elder sanchez were walking and a bunch of chicas drove by in this little pick up, saw me, pulled over and they all whistled and yelled at me like i was zach efron or something! haha! it was hilarious and my comp died laughing! also, all the members get so excited when they see COOK on my name tag about 15 people have asked me if my grandpa is quentin L cook of the 12! haha!
My area- Right now we are in an area called Alta Vista. It is pretty sweet! i love it here the people are so nice even though nobody speaks english. It is about 45 minutes by bus ouotside of downtown san salvador! The people here are so unbeleivably poor! or at least thats what i thought the first couple days i was here in alta vista. and then the rest of the elders in my zone told me that this is probably the second nicest area in all of el salvador! HEYYYYO!!! crazy! a lot of the houses here are like ours. super tiny with one bedroom a tiny family room and a ´kitchen´. in other places people live in little tiny metal sheds!
I'm so proud of him. note to el salvadorian chicas: no whistling please :), thanks.
miss this boy but i wouldn't want him anywhere else.

1 comment:

  1. zach efron! That is so funny! I am so glad he is doing well and is safe and sound loving the life of a missionary!

    ReplyDelete